Sunday, April 7, 2013

Zoo Overnight

On April 5 I went to the Phoenix Zoo, with my friend Brooklynn. On the Way we saw a car crash, even a Police car got damaged. My Mom drove us in my Dad's car. Mom thought we were sleeping outside on the cement but we weren't, we were sleeping in an Activity building. She packed hot pajamas and a big sleeping bag but I slept outside my sleeping bag and I was fine. When we got there we saw many people there already.We met at the Bridge. Five minutes later my friend Katrina finally saw me and nearly hugged me to death! This was my first time sleeping without my Family and I was Home sick. Then we met the staff that were going to come with us, there was Autumn, Max, Blake (a girl), Tom, and Candace. We then hiked to the building we were going to stay at. First Autumn told us a story: A Zookeeper was cleaning a gorilla's cage while the gorilla was in her night house. Then he was done and the gorilla went back in her cage. The Zookeeper left a fifty dollar bill in there. He was willing to trade a lot of fruit to the Gorilla for the bill. Then the gorilla ate it up because if the Zookeeper  was willing to trade a ton of fruit for the bill, she thought it would be the yummiest thing she has ever eaten. But the Bill was disgusting. Then we went on a hike at ten o'clock! We could barely see the animals because it was so dark.We came back and the staff talked about many different animals and showed us live ones too. After that we went on another hike and ate snack at a little hut. We had lots of fun and Autumn taught us a song called "A tootie ta" then we hiked back and set up our sleeping bags.  The girls slept in one room and the boys slept in another. It took a long time for me to go to sleep. But I did. Katrina and Lindsay slept next to me. We woke up before six thirty! At six thirty we went on a hike to our breakfast. It was really yummy! Then we went on another hike. We saw a rhino and her name was Half Ear because half of her ear was cut off. We also saw a female and Male lion, and a girl tiger named Hotsia. Then we met Sok, the baboon. Max says he is very violent. We heard the female screech too. Then we went home.


5 comments:

  1. How fun Elizabeth! I am so excited you started your blog to get to know more about you and your days! We love you lots! Did you take any pictures at the zoo you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I did not bring a camera, but it was lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a cool thing! I'm glad you had fun. I wish I could do that, but they have programs like that for grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so cool! We took a field trip to a zoo when I was in 4th grade and it was great but we didn't get to spend the night! Ben and I have been trying to find time to go up to the zoo in Indianapolis because zoos are super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zoos too, especially the animals, I just adore animals. ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete